- A $122 non-refundable registration deposit is required to reserve a seat in one of our weekly classes. This amount covers your first month’s tuition ($72) and a yearly student workbook and pattern packet ($50).
- Tuition can be paid by the semester or by the month, when signing up for a class, you are committing to the first semester.
- The monthly payment of $72 is due on the 1st of each month (September-May.) This does not include workbook, supply, or event fees.
- Tuition amounts are based on the number of classes in the school year not the number of classes in a month. Tuition has already been prorated to include holidays so your tuition is the same regardless of the number of classes in any given month. Tuition is based upon thirty-six weeks (9 payments) of instruction.
- Classes can be paid by the semester or by the month, but it is understood that classes are for the entire school year. Tuition is not prorated for classes missed. Please see our policy below regarding missed classes.
- A $15 late fee will be accessed for an payments not received before the 5th of each month.
- A $35 NSF fee will be assessed for returned checks.
- Tuition, registration fees, supply fees, Fashion Show fee, camp or workshops payments are non-refundable.
- Our sewing and fashion programs are two semester courses. We enjoy a high retention rate and most of our students continue for two semesters.
- We ask that children not withdrawal mid-semester, as that effects the flow of the entire class. We have reserved a seat for your child for the entire semester, and it is difficult to fill your child’s seat mid-semester. Out of respect for our instructors and fellow classmates, please encourage your child to follow through on their commitment and complete the entirety of the course.
- If there is a legitimate reason for early withdrawal (sickness, an unexpected move, or a cause beyond your control), we require a 30 day written notice. However, tuition will not be refunded for any unused class sessions.
- Should your child need to withdraw from Thimble Bee’s Sewing School prior to the end of the school year, we require a 30 day notice. Parents will be financially responsible for the notice period of 30 days. Your monthly tuition payment is due during the 30 day notice. We do not prorate tuition for partial month attendance.
Attendance + Make Up Classes
- Attendance is very important to the success of each student. Please commit to being prompt each week upon arrival and dismissal of class.
- Students should do their best to attend class each week. We understand that from time to time a missed class is inevitable. Students are allowed two make up classes per semester. Parents are responsible for scheduling their child’s makeup class by using the sign-up sheet. Makeup classes can not be transferred to another student.
Student Drop Off + Pick-Up
- Drop off time for a class should not be any earlier than 5 minutes before the scheduled class begins. Out of respect for our instructors and students we ask that you adhere closely to this policy as early dropoffs/pickups disrupt the flow of the class.
- For the safety of all students, we ask parents to accompany their child to and from the classroom.
- You can view our online calendar for class schedules.
Inclement Weather Conditions
- We follow the UCPS decision on inclement weather conditions. If school is canceled due to bad weather, we will also be closed. Announcements of cancellations will be posted on our Facebook page. We will make every attempt to contact our students via phone or email, however, it is ultimately your responsibility to check our Facebook page for cancellations.
- Contact us by email at ThimbleBees@gmail.com or call (704) 443-1597. If we are in the studio teaching we may be unable to take the call but will return messages as soon as possible.
Fashion Show Fee
- A $75 show fee is required for any students interested in participating in the yearly Fashion Show (recital). This fee covers the cost incurred to put on our Fashion Show, rentals, awards, trophies, etc. This is a fun day of celebration for our students to display all their hard work from throughout the year. The show is held off site at an alternate venue. Students are encouraged but not required to participate.