The Carolina Junior Modern Quilt Guild will be a space for creative kids + teens (ages 9 and up) to come together to sew and learn modern quilt techniques and applications. Join us for the inaugural meeting on Friday, October 20 @ 7pm-9pm!
If you have a child interested in becoming a member, you can join the Carolina JMQG facebook group to stay connected!
What is a Quilt Guild?
A guild is an association of people with similar interests or pursuits. So, a Quilt Guild is a group of people who meet together and share the common interest of quilting and pursue ways to use it for good.
How often will we meet?
We will meet on the third Friday of each month from 7pm-9pm.
Can I invite my friends?
Yes you may invite friends who share the interest of quilting. You may bring a guest one time without them having to become a member. After a person visits one time, they will need to join the Guild in order to continue coming to our monthly meetings.
What will we be doing?
- Learning different modern quilting techniques, including different styles of piecing, how to complete a quilt top, how to make a quilt sandwich, binding, and more!
- Serving the community. Our first project will be making a quilt for a local friend who is battling leukemia. While making the quilt we will so much about quilting from beginning to end. We will also deliver the quilt together to our recipient.
- Show ‘n’ Tell. We will have a share time each month for anyone who wants to show a project they’re working on or have completed at home, ask questions about a project they need help or ideas on, etc. Don’t be shy, this is a great place to help one another stay excited and committed to trying new things at home and finishing projects!
- How-to Workshops. Some months we will have workshops where we learn basic skills such as using rulers and rotary cutters, how to select the right fabrics and colors, half-square triangle fun, free motion quilting, and more.
- Having fun and fellowship together! We will do fun games and puzzles all centered around quilting. Even fabric swaps and prizes!
Who is in charge of the Carolina Jr Modern Quilt Guild?
Mrs. Jen and Mrs. Sonia will facilitate and help organize meetings. As the Guild grows members will have the opportunity to serve in leadership roles such as president and secretary.
Our Guild is an affiliate member of the Modern Quilt Guild Inc. Through a group exemption with the Modern Quilt Guild Inc., we are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Ready to register? Complete the online registration form.
The annual membership dues are $35.
Questions? Email us at ThimbleBees@gmail.com or call/text (704) 443-1597.